Purpose: To ensure meetings are well-attended; to make sure members stay top of mind with each other; to give presenters the advantage of being heard by as many members and guests as possible at EVERY meeting.
Scope: To be applied to all members.
Responsible Persons: Enforcement to be carried out by Group Founder or Chapter Coordinator; all members agree to this attendance policy.
Policy: SHE Leads Group meets only twice a month. That being said, attendance is very important. SHE Leads Group requires members to attend their chapter's two meetings a month. Excessive absence will result in forfeiture of your category spot. Excessive absence is defined as 2 unexcused absences in one-quarter. An excused absence is one which cannot be avoided or has been communicated prior to the meeting to the Chapter Coordinator or Chapter Secretary.
Examples of excused absences:
- Illness of self or someone for whom you take care
- Unavoidable appointments in which the only time said appointment could be done is during a meeting time (ex. client meeting, urgent doctor appointment)
- Road travel conditions. We follow the local school district closures for each chapter. However if someone is uncomfortable with the weather despite there not being official closures, we accept those absences.
- Vacations and business trips
Example of an unexcused absences:
- Just don’t have the time (if we are scheduling these meetings on our calendars as standing meetings, we should make the time for the meeting since we only meet twice a month).
- Poor planning and time management
Additionally, when SHE Leads Group has a guest trainer who is supplying free business development training to the chapter, members should try their hardest to make these special meetings. These guest trainers often get paid for their talks, and we are securing them at no charge. These meetings should also be considered member recruitment meetings, so having good attendance at these meetings is imperative.
Members unable to make it to a meeting should notify the Chapter Coordinator or Chapter Secretary prior to the meeting.