Membership Dues Policy
Purpose: To ensure the costs of running SHE Leads Group are covered. To ensure members are committed to the group.
Scope: To be applied to all members.
Responsible Persons: Group Founder for collecting membership dues and enforcing dues. Members for contributing for dues.
Policy: All members and guests will be required to pay a fee or provide an in-kind donation to SHE Leads Group. The following are fees or in-kind donations accepted:
- When a guest’s business category is not already taken by a member, guests can attend a chapter’s meetings two times free of charge. After two free visits to a SHE Leads Group chapter, guests can continue to visit for $15 per visit. They will not receive category exclusivity and the business category will remain open.
- $25 per month (Paid month-to-month, via PayPal), plus a $25 member registration fee. Member receives category exclusivity and page on the SHE Leads Group website.
- Start-up chapters have no fees until membership has reached 7 members. At that time, the membership is $195 per year to join or $25 paid month-to-month via PayPal. Memberships are for a calendar year and are pro-rated based on the months remaining in the year. Memberships renew in January of every year. There is no membership registration fee when paying a year in advance. Paying a year in advance secures your business category exclusivity and provides your business with a web page on the SHE Leads Group website.
- All fees are non-refundable, unless Group Founder agrees there are extenuating circumstances for a member to cancel membership. Membership refund, if any, is based on member being charged at full price, not the discounted paid in advance annual price. For example: a member pays $195 for one year. Six months into membership, the member has to leave for extenuating circumstances. The member would be responsible for $25 x 6 months or $150. A refund of $45 would only be given. If a member does not uphold her member obligations as set forth in the policy and procedures, member can be asked to leave and will not receive a refund.
- Volunteer Chapter Positions receive a free membership while their volunteer position is occupied. (See Chapter Coordinator to inquire about the available volunteer positions.) SHE Leads Group Founder must approve all volunteers for these positions to ensure the right candidate is placed in the right volunteer position.
- Meeting room donors also receive a free membership for the duration of the donation of the free meeting room.
- Members providing services that SHE Leads Group would otherwise have to pay for. (Ex. printing, graphic or web design, etc.) These in-kind donations will be approved by SHE Leads Group Founder, Beth Boen. The value of their donation will be applied to full-price membership dues ($25 per month). For example, if a member donates $100 in printing, they would receive 4 months of free membership. If a member does not uphold membership requirements and is asked to leave, there will be no refund or reimbursement of the in-kind donation. If a member who has donated something in-kind decides to leave prior to when their donation would be made whole, they forfeit the remaining amount. If a member leaves for an approved hiatus and their business category is not filled by the time they wish to return, the in-kind donation amount remaining can be applied to reinstated membership.