Volunteers Make SHE Leads Group Possible
Purpose: To ensure all the responsibilities of the chapter are met without overburdening any one member; to ensure consistency of how each chapter is run; to recognize those volunteering
Scope: To be applied to members volunteering for the chapter board positions.
Responsible Persons: Volunteer chapter positions.
Policy: The following volunteer positions should be held by persons who plan on being diligent with their meeting attendance and have a warm, friendly, and professional demeanor. Holding one of the following three positions provides a complimentary membership into SHE Leads Group while holding the volunteer position. Holding a volunteer chapter position also provides those members with more visibility to the chapter members. Each SHE Leads Group chapter should try to fill the following positions to help divide the responsibilities of running a chapter, so as not to burden any one member.
- SHE Leads Group Founder, Beth Boen – Will help set-up new chapters and provide the Chapter Coordinator with as much assistance as possible. Assistance may include:
- Prospecting for new members, free meeting locations and training speakers.
- Forwarding applications and interest surveys to the Chapter Coordinator.
- Managing the SHE Leads Group website and training curriculum.
- Managing the SHE Leads Group Facebook page with announcements on new chapters forming, new members, special events, and meeting dates, times and training speakers. (See Chapter Facebook Page Policy and Procedure).
- Attending meetings as a member as often as possible.
- Being available to chapters with A/V remote means to conduct training when needed.
- Chapter Coordinator – The Chapter Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Run all the meetings and in their absence find someone to fill in for these duties.
- Confirm the business development trainer, or be equipped to teach the curriculum.
- Select a member to share a secret fun factoid ahead of each meeting (See Secret Fun Factoid Procedure).
- Ensure the meeting venues have the necessary A/V equipment for the meeting presenters and arrive 10-15 minutes early to set-up for each meeting.
- Start and end the meeting on time and stay on the agenda. (See How to Run a Meeting Procedure)
- Respond to all chapter applicants/get membership feedback (See Membership Application and Vetting Process).
- Update and maintain their Chapter’s SHE Leads Group notebook. Bring it to every meeting and make sure members have their business cards in the book.
- Chapter Secretary – The Chapter Secretary will be responsible for the following:
- Confirm meeting rooms when necessary
- Maintain the Member in the Spotlight and training schedule (See Presentation Schedule & Allotted Time Policy)
- Send an email reminder to the Member in the Spotlight the Friday before every meeting
- Take notes at each meeting and sending the after-meeting follow up email. Notes should include, thanks to presenters (especially if a guest trainer), specific asks that members make and business items that were discussed about the chapter. The Chapter Secretary should let the Chapter Coordinator proof all emails before sending it out to the membership.
- Use a timer to keep presenters on time. Inform Member in the Spotlight and trainer presenters they will receive a wrap-up time warning (2 minutes for the Member in the Spotlight presentation and 5 minutes for trainer presentation). Additionally, the Chapter Secretary will time the member 60 second commercials.
- Take attendance at each meeting and marking excused vs. unexcused absences.
If the Chapter Secretary is absent from the meeting the Chapter Coordinator can take on these responsibilities or delegate them to others in attendance.
- Membership Coordinator – The Membership Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Arrive no later than ten minutes prior to the start of every meeting to welcome all guests.
- Ask the guests before and after the meeting if they have any questions.
- At the end of each meeting the Membership Coordinator will ask guests if they want to be introduced to any of the members.
- Follow up and let guests know how to join (attend two meetings, do one-on-ones with their potential power partners, fill out the application online).
- Reach out to new members once their application has been accepted to welcome them. Offer to do a one-on-one with them promptly (if you have not done so already), remind them to get their information for their website profile to the SHE Leads Group Founder, Beth Boen. Website profile includes Head shot, company logo, and a written description of their business which the new member wants on the website, formatted like the existing member profiles.
Basically, the Membership Coordinator is responsible for being as helpful, friendly, and welcoming as possible to all guests and new members. This should be a person who is a great listener and great at asking questions.
Interested members seeking one of these volunteer positions should contact SHE Leads Founder, Beth Boen, or call 720-722-2494.